The Vice President for Academic Affairs should be a Ph.D., Ed.D., or any doctoral degree-holder related to educational management and he shall be appointed by the Board of Trustees on recommendation of the President. The Vice President for Academic Affairs shall be directly responsible to the President for carrying out educational policies and programs of the College. He supervises instruction and other academic activities of the College. He/she shall be the ex-officio chairman of the Curriculum Committee of the College and shall preside over the meetings of the Academic Council in the absence of the President.
The term of office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs is two (2) years unless sooner revoked with valid reason, without prejudice to reappointment for another term.
The Functions of the Vice President for Academic Affairs:
- Assists the President on the full implementation of the policies of the school;
- Supervises the academic and instructional programs of the school;
- Supervises the delivery of quality and relevant education of the different colleges;
- Presides over the meetings of all deans concerning educational programs;
- Represents the President in his absence in meetings in and outside the school;
- Submits reports to the President on the problems/needs of the school to achieve the goal for academic excellence;
- Make reports to the President on the academic accomplishments of the school at the end of the school year;
- Assumes other functions, responsibilities, and duties related and analogous to his appointment; and
- Upon appointment of the BOT, assumes the presidency in case the latter is on leave, incapacitates or terminated until a new president is appointed and installed to perform his task.