The Guidance Office is manned by the Director of the Guidance Program and the Guidance Officers.
THE DIRECTOR OF THE GUIDANCE PROGRAM
The Director of the Guidance Program, who should be a Registered Guidance Counselor, is the key person in the guidance program of the school. He supervises and directs the over-all guidance program of the school from elementary to college level.
THE GUIDANCE COUNSELORS
The Guidance Counselor is the key person in the guidance program.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Guidance Counselors
- Orients the administration, faculty and staff on the guidance programs and services;
- Obtains the cooperative participation of the staff;
- Assists the development of the in-service programs and participate on those areas of competence;
- Encourages teachers to identify those students needing assistance and those having special talents; and
- Encourages students to accept full responsibility in the utilization of their potentials.